GMR™ 436 xHD3 6' Open Array Radar & Pedestal - 4kW
SCAN WITH THE MAGNETRON POWER OF GARMIN OPEN-ARRAY RADAR
Combining high-definition imaging with the latest Garmin platform technology, this robust 6’ open-array radar offer superior weather, obstacle and traffic detection for mariners cruising or fishing offshore.
- Up to 72-nautical mile range
- Scan Averaging Technology
- Improved Target-Size Processing
- Split-Screen Dual-Range Display
- 100-Knot Commercial Grade Wind Rating1
- Quiet Open-Array Drive Motor
New Scan Averaging Technology
A first for Garmin magnetron radar, scan averaging helps filter out sea clutter and interference to enhance the detection and display of consistent targets.
Angular Target-Size Adjustment
Pulse expansion and angular target-size processing techniques optimize on-screen object shapes for better interpretation at all range scales.
True Echo Trails
A historical “trail” of boats on the water is displayed on the screen, removing relative motion influence to help you quickly identify moving targets and potential collision threats.
Dual Range with Overlay
A single radar antenna is capable of providing split-screen, side-by-side images on your compatible chartplotter, with independent range setting and controls for both close and long range. Overlay either or both ranges on a chart.
Dynamic Auto Gain
Gain automatically adjusts levels to optimum settings for harbors, near shore and offshore in open waters.
See overlaid images on your chartplotter’s map screen (with appropriate sensors, sold separately).
Pick out targets at a distance, thanks to narrow horizontal beamwidth and high antenna gain.
This provides redundancy and allows each display unit to pull data from different sources.
Dynamic Sea Filter
Radar gain automatically adjusts sea clutter for calm, medium and rough sea conditions.
Auto Bird Gain
Locate flocks of birds at the water’s surface where baitfish are also likely to be found.
MARPA Target Tracking
Track up to 30 targets to help avoid collisions (with appropriate sensors, sold separately).
Set the safety zone, and receive an alarm when an object enters the zone.
Range and Bearing Cues
Variable range markers and electronic bearing lines allow rapid measurements of distance and bearing to vessels and land.
- GMR xHD3 4 kW open array radar with 6’ antenna
- Power cable (15 m/49.21 ft)
- Network cable (15 m/49.21 ft)
- Mounting hardware kit and template
- Installation instructions
- 6' array - 1938 x 122 x 170 mm / 76.5" x 4.8" x 6.7"
- Pedestal: 520 x 328 x 314 mm / 20.5" x 12.9" x 12.4"
- 6' array and pedestal - 29.6 kg
- Waterproof: IPX6
- Max Wind Load: 80KT (100KT with optional voltage converter upgrade)
- Antenna length: 72 in. (183 CM)
- Rotation Speed (RPM): 24 and 48 RPM
- Beam Width: 1.1° horizontal, 23° vertical
- Maximum Range: 72 nautical miles
- Minimum Range: 20 meters
- Radar Type: Open-array
- Power Input: 11-32 V DC
- Power Consumption (Standby): 18 W
- Typical Power Consumption, Transmitting (Normal mode): 55 W
- Transmit Power: 4 kW
14-kW versions require optional equipment (sold separately) for 100-knot wind rating
WARNING: This product can expose you to chemicals including NICKEL (METALLIC) which is known to the State of California to cause cancer. For more information go to P65Warnings.ca.gov.
- Array Size (Inches): 72"
- Power - Output: 4 kW
- Range - Max (Miles): 72nm
- Box Dimensions: 6"H x 10"W x 79"L WT: 88 lbs
- UPC: 753759309954