GPSMAP® 1243xsv with GMR™ 18 HD3 Radome
With its sleek design, powerful processing, and upgraded IPS display, this advanced 12" chartplotter integrates seamlessly into your Garmin marine system.
- Easily integrate with more engines
- Connect to compatible third-party devices with OneHelm™ digital switching
- Easily build your marine system using the best network connectivity
- Navigate any waters with preloaded Garmin Navionics+™ charts and mapping
- See below for your boat's built-in sonar capabilities
- Manage your marine experience from nearly anywhere
Ultra-High-Definition Scanning Sonar
Get built-in ultra-high-definition sidevü and clearvü™ scanning sonars with vivid, high-contrast color palettes to help distinguish fish from structure. Gpsmap® X3 series also supports 1 KW chirp traditional sonar capabilities.
Panoptix™ Sonar Support
Pair with panoptix or livescope™ easy-to-interpret live sonar (transducer required, sold separately) to see all around your boat in real-time.
Faster, Sharper, Smarter
With its added processing power and slimline design featuring edge-to-edge glass and a smaller unit footprint, it’s easy to retrofit this plotter in a wider range of dash configurations.
Improved Display Optics
This higher-resolution display offers improved sunlight readability and visibility from any angle, with 50% more pixels than previous-generation GPSMAP devices.
Experience unparalleled coverage and detail with built-in Garmin Navionics+ integrated coastal and inland mapping that includes Auto Guidance+™ technology3 and a 1-year subscription for downloadable daily updates and more on select chartplotters.
Optional Charts & Maps
Bring a fresh look and feel to your chartplotter with the optional upgrade to Garmin Navionics Vision+™ premium chart subscription, featuring downloadable high-resolution relief shading, satellite imagery, sonar imagery, and more.
Optional Radar Bundle
To help you avoid weather and traffic on the water, the compact 4 kW GMR™ 18 HD+ dome radar is available as a bundled option with your GPSMAP chartplotter/sonar package.
Power-Pole® Shallow Water Anchor
By networking select Garmin chartplotters with a force® trolling motor and your compatible power-pole shallow water anchoring system, you can access advanced boat control features from your plotter, including smart anchor auto-deployment, smart anchor jog, auto stow, anchor drag detection, and auto guidance end-of-route anchoring. Spend more time fishing and less time positioning.
Garmin Sailassist™ Sailing Features
View laylines, race start line guidance, enhanced wind rose, heading and course-over-ground lines, true wind data fields, tide/current/time slider, wind angle, set and drift, wind speed, polars, and more.
Use the polar table to see key data, including how fast you should go at a certain wind angle and speed, so you know whether you need to adjust sail trim.
Garmin Marine Network
If you have multiple compatible Garmin devices on your boat, you can share information—such as maps, user data, radar, and IP camera video—among them.
NMEA 2000® and NMEA 0183 Networks
Connect to compatible autopilots, digital switching, weather, fusion-link™ audio system, media, VHF, AIS, and more from one screen.
Built-in wi-fi® connectivity pairs with the free all-in-one mobile app for access to the onechart™ feature, smart notifications, software updates, helm, Garmin quickdraw™ community data, and more.
Integrated Ant® Technology
Connect with some of your favorite devices, such as Quatix® marine watches, gWind™ wireless 2 transducers, GNX™ wind marine instruments, and wireless remote controls.
Now you can connect your chartplotter to different kinds of engines, including select Yamaha engines.
This feature brings together all the operations and capabilities of select third-party devices, such as EmpirBus™ digital switching, on one screen.
Send inReach® Device Messages
Pair your inreach satellite COMMUNICATOR5 to your chartplotter and type custom messages using your mfd’s on-screen keyboard. Access your contact list or enter an email, inreach address, or phone number. You can also group messages by conversation for a texting-like experience.
In the Box (chartplotter):
- GPSMAP 1243xsv chartplotter
- microSD™ card preinstalled
- Power cable
- NMEA 2000® T-connector
- NMEA 2000 drop cable (2 meters)
- 8-pin transducer to 12-pin sounder adapter cable
- Bail mount kit with knobs
- Flush mount kit with gasket
- Protective cover
- Trim-piece snap covers
In the Box (radome):
- GMR 18 HD3 dome radar
- Power cable (49.21 ft)
- Network cable (49.21 ft)
- Mounting hardware kit and template
- Installation instructions
- Dimension: 12.1" x 8.9" x 3.2" (30.8 x 22.8 x 8.2 cm)
- Weight: 6.6 lbs (3.0 KG)
- Waterproof: IPX7
- Touchscreen: Yes
- Display Type: WXGA
- Display Size: 10.3" x 6.4"; 12.1" diagonal (26.2 x 16.3 cm; 30.7 cm diagonal)
- Display Resolution: 1280 x 720 pixels
- Mounting Options: Bail, flush, or flat (Garmin does not offer any hardware or accessories for a flat-mount installation. Professional tools and knowledge is required.)
- Input: Touchscreen
Maps & Memory:
- Accepts Data Cards: 2 MicroSD cards (Back of Unit)
- Waypoints: 5000
- Track Points: 50,000
- Tracks: 50 saved tracks
- Navigation Routes: 100
- GPS: Yes
- Glonass: Yes
- Galileo: Yes
- Has Built-In Receiver: Yes
- Receiver: 10Hz
- NMEA 2000 Compatible: Yes
- NMEA 0183 Compatible: Yes
- Supports WAAS: Yes
- Built-in Auto Guidance+: Yes
- Garmin Navionics+ Inland & Coastal: Yes
- Tide Tables: Yes
Optional Map Support:
- Garmin Navionics+™: Yes
- Garmin Navionics Vision+™: Yes
- Topo 100K: Yes
- Standard Mapping: Yes
- Garmin Quickdraw Contours: Yes
- Raster Chart Support: Yes
- Smart Mode Compatible: Yes
- AIS: Yes
- DSC: Yes
- Supports Fusion-Link™ Compatible Radios: Yes
- GSD Black Box Sonar Support: Yes
- GCV Black Box Sonar Support: Yes
- Activecaptain® Compatible: Yes
- Grid (Garmin Remote Input Device) Compatible: Yes
- Wireless Remote Compatible: Yes
- Sailing Features: Yes
- Spoken Audio Alerts: Yes
- Onehelm Support: Yes
- Power Input: 10 to 32 Vdc
- Typical Current Draw at 12 Vdc: 1.37 A
- Maximum Current Draw at 12 Vdc: 3.20 A
- Maximum Power Usage at 10 Vdc: 40.2w
Sonar Features & Specifications:
- Displays Sonar: Yes
- Power Output: 1 KW
- Traditional Sonar (Dual Frequency/Beam): Built-in (Single Channel Chirp, 50/70/83/200 Khz, L, M, H Chirp)
- Clearvü: Built-in 260/455/800/1000/1200 kHz
- Sidevü: Built-in 260/455/800/1000/1200 kHz
- Panoptix™ Sonar: Yes
- Livescope: Yes
- NMEA 2000® Ports: 1
- Connections NMEA0183 Input Ports: 1
- NMEA 0183 Input (TX) Ports: 1
- Video Input Ports: 1 (BNC Composite)
- Video Output Ports: 1 HDMI
- J1939 Ports: 1
- Garmin Marine Network Ports: 2
- 12-Pin Transducer Ports: 1
- USB Ports: Yes
- BNC External GPS Antenna Port: Yes
- Bluetooth® Pairing: Yes
- Ant+ (Connectivity): Yes
- Garmin Wi-Fi Network (Local Connection): Yes
- Array Size (Inches): 18"
- Cartography Brand: Garmin Navionics+
- Power - Output: 4kW
- Range - Max (Miles): 36nm
- Resolution (VxH): 1280 x 800
- Screen Size: 12"
- Touchscreen: Yes
- Transducer Included: No
- Box Dimensions: 18"H x 24"W x 24"L WT: 44 lbs
- UPC: 753759326036